Here is the full recording of the AMATYC webinar I gave last week with Dan Petrak.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Friday, January 17, 2014
I gave a webinar today with Dan Petrak about implementing a pathways course. Below are my college's course syllabus for the MLCS course we teach, my class syllabus from this semester, and today's slides.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
I will be giving a free webinar with Dan Petrak of Des Moines Area Community College next week on implementing a pathways course like MLCS. The webinar is sponsored by AMATYC. Here's the info:
Tips and Tricks for a Successful Pathways Implementation
Kathleen Almy and Dan Petrak
Sponsoring Committee: Developmental Mathematics Committee (DMC)
Time:/ / /
Are you planning a pilot of a pathways course like Math Literacy for College Students or have a pilot under way? This webinar picks up where Kathleen's previous webinar, New Pathways for Developmental Math, left off. In it you will get an overview of the current pathways being used and the state of implementation at the national level. You will learn about Des Moines Area Community College's multi-campus implementation that has scaled over the last year and a half. Additionally, tips on classroom-level issues will be discussed. From ideas on training adjuncts to teaching with groups, this webinar will provide many tips to help make your pathways pilot a success.
To register, click on this link and then click on Register.