Below is the presentation Heather and I gave today at AMATYC as a training session for teaching a math literacy course. There is information on the philosophy of the course, how lessons are taught, how we use MyMathLab, teaching tips, ideas for groupwork, and ideas for grading.
If you would like more information on the points in the presentation, please check out our ready-to-go MyMathLab course. In it are 12 instructor videos where we explain many of the topics discussed in the presentation below. Those videos can be used as a virtual training.
If you are interested in us coming to your school to train your faculty, please email me.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series