In February of this year, Pearson hosted a day of webinars on course redesign. I gave a session on our school's redesign. Many documents are listed at the left but if you'd like a recording of the presentation (audio and video of PowerPoints included), click here.
The Carnegie Foundation has started a new blog on its Pathways initiatives, Quantway and Statway. The most recent post describes quantitative literacy and how it differs from mathematicals and statistics. It's a great read with lots of reference material.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series