Monday, August 15, 2011

Pilot Plans

Well, only a week to go before our semester starts and the pilot of the Mathematical Literacy for College Students (a Quantway type course) begins.  We're gearing up, getting things copied, working on data collection, and more. 

As we pilot, I'll be blogging regularly about the experience and what we're learning from it.  I really enjoy the excitement of pilots.  The unknown and "flying by the seat of your pants" experience keeps an educator on their toes.  My approach to the classroom has always been to plan to the hilt but be able to go with the flow.  I work to maintain pace and plans but I also allow for the natural spontaneity that comes with a classroom.

Look for updates starting next week.  We'll be videoing lessons too, so I hope to be able to post some video during the semester as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment