If you will be attending the 2011 AMATYC conference in Austin next month, consider our workshop on Saturday November 12 at 10:45 am to 12:45 pm. Anyone can attend; there is no advanced registration or special fee.
Below is the description from the program guide. We will explain where the MLCS course (in the Quantway pathway) came from and what it includes, showing examples as we go. We'll take a large portion of the workshop to do a lesson from the course so that attendees can experience how the classroom feels. We'll debrief that lesson, talk about the pilot, and ways the cousre can be implemented in a school's sequence. There are many options including some very simple ones for emporium redesigns.
We hope to see you there!
Mathematical Literacy for College Students: Bringing New Life to Life
New Life is an AMATYC initiative to create a new experience in developmental mathematics. This workshop will explain the project history as well as allow attendees to experience the new course, MLCS, by participating in a class activity. Attendees will receive ideas for course development and a sample course outline.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series