I'm leaving soon for AMATYC where I'll present at the Developmental Math Summit on Wednesday of this week. This is a 2-day event with speakers from major organizations like Carnegie, NADE, and the Dana Center as well as many faculty who have been leaders in developmental math reform.
On Friday, Heather and I will present a new session we have created that deals with solving authentic problems in a developmental math classroom, specifically the type that appear in pathways classes like MLCS, Quantway, and Statway. It's a very active session with participants working in groups and then reporting out. We will discuss findings from groups and then talk about best practices and tips for teaching with this kind of problem solving. Join us at 2 pm this Friday in Platinum 4 to learn more about it.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series