Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New FAQ series starting on the blog

I'm starting a new series of posts, each one addressing a question I receive often.  Many are related to our book, Math Lit.  Others are about the MLCS course.  Questions include:

  • Can I teach the MLCS class as a 4 credit class using Math Lit?
  • Does Math Lit include factoring?
  • Why are the topics in the book ordered in that fashion?
  • Do I have flexibility using Math Lit?
  • Is there enough algebra in Math Lit for students to be successful in intermediate algebra?
  • We have an emporium model at our college.  Is there a way I can use Math Lit?
  • How is MLCS different than Quantway, Statway, and the New Mathways Project?
  • What is the Math Lit approach to statistics preparation?
  • What is the prerequisite for MLCS or Math Lit?
  • How does MLCS relate to the Common Core?
  • Does MLCS dumb down developmental math standards?
  • Do you provide training?
  • Will you offer the MOOC again?

Please check back often.  I'll be posting responses to all of these very soon.

If you have a question you want answered that isn't listed above, please post it in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment