In the book Math Lit, we work with linear and exponential growth a lot. In lesson 1.17, we introduce students to both using viral videos as a context. In this article, a Yale economist explores the ALS ice bucket challenge and how mathematics is related to it.
Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg participate in the ALS ice bucket challenge.
Math Lit Toolbox
- 2017 Webinar Math Lit 5 Years Later
- Math Lit Forum
- MLCS Book: Math Lit
- 2014 Math Literacy webinar (Youtube)
- Math Literacy Training
- 2013 MLCS Presentation: What is Math Literacy? (Youtube webinar)
- MLCS syllabi (objectives and outcomes)
- 4 Credit Hour Math Literacy Course Syllabi
- A Typical Day: Math Lit classroom videos
- Math Lit instructor support
- Math Lit FAQ's
- Implementing Math Lit Presentation (Youtube webinar, PPTs, & handouts)
- Implementation blog series